Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a veterinary Nurse in Hong Kong and my clinic currently stocks the following 4 Red Cross Antivenins:
1. Red Cross Antivenin Treatment for Trimeresurus Albolabris Snake (Green Pit Viper)
2. Red Cross Antivenin Treatment for Daboia Russelli Siamensis Snake (Russell’s Viper)
3. Red Cross Antivenin Treatment for Ophiophagus Hannah Snake (King Cobra)
4. Red Cross Antivenin Treatment for Naja Kaouthia Snake (Cobra)
I am a bit confused as we do not have Naja Kaouthia and Russell’s Vipers in Hong Kong. My questions are:
1) Are these vials species specific? For example if a pet owner is sure that the dog was bitten by a cobra, but they can’t tell which species as they have forgotten other features except for the obvious hood on the snake’s neck (in HK we have King cobra and Chinese cobra), should we take a chance to give either one, or not at all as it will be a waste and a danger to the patient?
In Hong Kong we do not have Daboia Russelli Siamensis Snake (Russell’s Viper), can this be used on another type of viper, e.g. Green Pit Viper, Pointed-scaled Pit Viper (Protobothrops mucrosquamatus), and Mountain Pit Viper (Trimeresurus monticola makazayazaya)?
If these anti-venin are not entirely species specific, would it be correct to assume that for your Banded Krait Antivenin, it can be used on the species Many-banded Krait (Bungarus multicinctus multicinctus) also?
Finally, do you have any antivenin available for snakes in the Colubridae family? In Hong Kong we have: Large-spotted Cat snake (Boiga multomaculata), Mangrove Water Snake (Enhydris bennettii), Chinese Water Snake (Enhydris chinensis), Plumbeous Water Snake(Enhydris plumbea), Mock Viper (Psammodynastes pulverulentus), and the Red-necked Keelback (Rhabdophis subminiatus helleri).
Many thanks for your assistance and hope to hear from you soon. If you have any accompanying information or journal articles I would be glad to receive as well before we make a purchase.
Internal Medicine Veterinary Nurse
Thank you for your message.
All antivenins are species specific except hemoto polyvalent and neuro polyvalent antivenin.
All the products displayed on our store are available and ready to ship. They can be used during 5 years before opening the vials.
We accept individual customers but only orders below $1000 are accepted. Also, as our store is mostly aimed to professionals we can only receive payments by bank transfer or money wire.
Our products are now only sold on our official store that you can find at this address:
Shipping is free and we ship to any country by Express mail. Delivery only takes few days and a tracking number is available for all orders.
Customers can check the price of our products in their local currency by using Google and payment will be automatically converted to their currency during payment.
Individuals or companies can purchase on our store, no documents are required from your side, but we have all the necessary documents needed to import our products to most countries.
Prices include Express shipping and you will know what is the total price of your order in your own currency during checkout or by using Google.
Please contact us again if you need any further information.
Red Cross Antivenin